Thursday 3 April 2014

Evaluation 3

3. What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

Since my magazine is more developed for the younger audience and has a very specific audience, it would be harder to find a publishing brand and distribution centre. (Though I planned for it to be an online/e-read magazine anyway).

I think one main distributor that would publish my magazine is IPC media, the reason I think this is because of two reasons
A) there is a huge gap in the market for a magazine that advertises this kind of music for the younger generation. 
and B) as of now they only promote the music brand NME which is mainly directed at chart music or whichever brand of music is developing strongly. so there is no specific brand, yet all the magazines have very exact target audiences...

I think they would appreciate publishing my product because as previously stated my magazine has a very precise and large target audience which fits in with the brands that IPC promote. if we look at the design of this NME cover below you can see the similarities between the bright style colours and text placement, so I think my design will benefit them more.





No comments:

Post a Comment