Thursday 6 March 2014

First Feedback, Peer Review/Feedback

Using a range of social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Various Electronic Music Forums) I have managed to construct useful feedback amongst peers to make suitable changes that will push forward the model of my magazine plans, without changing the target audience or demolishing it's irregular conventions.

The first feedback I gained was via Facebook, I asked a few friends who were in the loop of this genre of music to take a look at the magazine. I knew I could trust my friends to give constructive feedback that would actually help me to develop the ideas. My friend Sean, who actually runs a social youtube channel for the promotion of electronic music, gave the first feedback on Facebook.

Sean Plimley
"Taking all three picture into consideration, the style of the magazine fits what it is about, strobe lights and all that, you should make the writing on the double page spread a different colour because it blends in too much which makes it difficult to read, maybe blend the two pages together a bit more. The front cover looks amazing! but in my opinion the title needs to be moved higher up to fill the space. The contents page whether it's a work in progress or not definitely needs a bit more, perhaps some DJ equipment or what's inside the next issue or more pictures of what's inside. But overall it's a really strong style and fits with the genre of music, also you're using a lot smaller artists to advertise which I guess is nice to see"

I thought that this feedback was really useful, and will help me to make some simple yet effective alterations, also it confirmed to me that the magazine is appealing to the target audience I'm aiming for.


No comments:

Post a Comment