Wednesday 7 May 2014

Evaluation 7

7. Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?


My pre-liminary task was influence by general conventions of magazines, since I took Media at GCSE I already had learnt a few different techniques, though I knew this was no where near standard I still tried to put some inventive ideas to use.



I had used the badge with the title as a regular convention as the masthead. And tried to use a nice tagline to catch people attention.



there is a hugely notable difference between my preliminary task and the work that I have made for my Final Coursework piece. I've used a main masthead and a lot more subheadings and taglines to draw in peoples attention. The colour scheme is much more vibrant with a nice ranged colour scheme.

You can see a huge difference in positioning and text placement, this is very similar to my style model of EDM magazine, it presents well my learning curve and ideas.

My masthead is more developed and you can see usage of a lot more regular magazine conventions such as a barcode, dates, and Taglines.


 Though I only got as far as draft work for my pre-liminary, I felt that I made use of placement and regular formal conventions such as phone number and adress. I have also kept the masthead style of the cover.



















  • In my full magazine contents you can see a much wider and interesting use of conventions. 
  • I kept the use of social interaction by providing websites and adresses.
  • I added a lot more colour and variation and made sure to provide more images to show content.
  • I made sure my writing was placed at easy background spots with nice colours and text size.
Overall I think I have progressed massively in the ideas of magazine conventions and developing a product for my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment